Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 24, 2011

What a Week

WEll this week was full of excitement, Birthday Parties, VBS, American Girl Doll excursions, Girls Night out, Saying goodbye to a sweet sweet friend, having the longest drive of my life, and a wedding.  And Yes that was just one week.  WE started out the week by dropping Carlie off at VBS at our church, she had a great week and I am singing the theme song right now in my head!  It is extremely catchy!  WE had a Pool party for a friend of Carlie's who was leaving that night to go back to FL.  I have been looking for a train table for Bubba and found a really good deal on craigslist.  My GOOD friend Rachel said she would go with me on an adventure to get it even though her neck was hurt!  Little did I know the house was 10 miles from the PA border!  WE got it and Bubba loves it so it was well worth it!  Then on Wednesday me and my mom took Carlie to the American Girl Doll store in Washington DC for the first time, she had birthday money and this is where she wanted to spend it.  I was amazed at the store and wished I could have gotten a doll too!  Well worth the trip but my advice is plan to leave either before 2 or after 6 from the store leaving at 5pm during rush hour is not the best idea I ever had!  Thursday night the girls and I went to play Bingo in Laurel we had such a good time didn't win a thing but it doesn't matter!  Friday morning as we were packing to go to VA for the weekend I had to go down and say goodbye to my sweet friend Clare, and Emily, they are off to Hawaii!  It is so sad to see your friends leave, and I admit I cried, it is rough, our street will never be the same!  This is the second really good friend I have had on my street leave since I have been here it is not fair!  The good thing about the military is we could get stationed together again one day!  We will keep in touch, I mean we have to our kids are going to get married one day!
Then I left for what was supposed to take me 4 hours to get to my in laws house took me 8 and a half!  Traffic was so bad, it had me in tears!  I have never been in traffic that bad, the kids were good thank goodness because my nerves were shot from the heat, and  going 8 miles an hour for 3 hours!
WE finally got to the rehearsel dinner (we missed the rehearsel) and ate then went to Papas to sleep.  The next day was the WEdding of Renee and Rick, Steven's sister.  Sofia was the flower girl and I was really worried she was going to pull a Sofia and not walk down the aisle.  She did great she was actually handing the flowers out to the people in the seats on the end instead of throwing them down it was so cute!  Renee looked beautiful and I am so happy for her and Rick I hope they have a wonderful life together.  We are now back at good ole Fort Meade waiting on our next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment