Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Week two

This week has been a hard one probably harder than the first week.  It is starting to sink in with the kids that Daddy will be gone for a long time and they are sad.  At dinner when we pray Carlie will tear up just like me when we mention Daddy.  Sofia has decided that Daddy lives in the sea for now, she is quite partial to this cd that Daddy put in out cd player in my car before he left.  She loves the two pirate songs in it and this weekend I figured out that in her little 3 year old mind that is where she has put him.  He is a pirate on the sea and she talks to him while on the potty through a decorative sea shell!  Sounds crazy I know but think of it in the perspective of a 3 year old!  Bubba is obsessed with the computer he sees me sit down at it or hears that skype noise whatever it is then he comes running "dadu, dadu".  Before Steven left he recorded a Thomas story for him and it is his voice, you should see his face when the page is turned and his Dadu is telling him the story!  For all of you military wives with small ones I highly recommend getting one of these!  He is in heaven and every time he turns the page he says Dadu with a big grin on his face just like he does when he sees Steven on Skype!  It is absolutely precious!

I am so lucky to have such good friends here, I don't know what I would do without them.  They seem to know when I am down and pick me up.  I appreciate them and I hope they all know what they mean to me.

There is only 6 more days left of school, I am happy and nervous, I will then have three kids all day to entertain and take with me everywhere!  I am excited though not to have to plan everything around school! Having Carlie home will be great she can be a big help when she wants to be!

Friday my mother in law will be coming up we are looking forward to her visit and I will love having another adult in the house for a week.  Then we leave for NC for a week for Carlie's 9th Birthday!  It is going to be a very busy June!
This week our pool opened on post but the hours are kind of crazy, but when school is out it will be better, I look forward to pool days!  WE had a few really really hot days this past week I think we had a record on Tuesday of 98 degrees in May!  Then Friday it was cooler so we did a picnic with friends at the fountain on post!  The only thing I know to do to keep my mind off of the long time I will be without my sweetheart is to keep myself as busy as possible without wearing myself and the kids out of course.  It just helps.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience Karen! I know it is nice for you, but also your words will be able to maybe help someone else who is soon to experience something similar!

    Praying for you guys while daddy is away, but also praying for your man serving our country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend....you are doing such an awesome job, and are such an inspiration! Even tho you are going through this you still find time to encourage me, and I can't tell you how grateful I am!
    You are a strong, beautiful woman and I am so blessed to have you as my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete